Good sharps for decent $

rimfire458

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've been the custom 14 3/4 pound Shiloh route. Not going there. Too much $ to take to the bush. I'd like something bigger than 45/70 and of good enough quality, but not the price or the wait time of Shiloh. Shall we say a little more "Off the rack"
 
My impression is that Pedersoli Sharps rifles shoot as well as you can hold. Other than novelty, I don't see the need to change from 45-70

cheers mooncoon
 
I have a winchester 1885 limited edition in 50-90 that i'm going to put up for sale with all components, A 1 condition
lots of brass, bullet molds & dies. Its a real thumper. around 10 lbs. But its not a sharps.
 
I have a winchester 1885 limited edition in 50-90 that i'm going to put up for sale with all components, A 1 condition
lots of brass, bullet molds & dies. Its a real thumper. around 10 lbs. But its not a sharps.


I have and have shot Sharps, Highwalls, Rolling Blocks, Ballards and several others. I think the real advantage of the Sharps is that the lock is completely isolated from fouling and the simplicity of removing the breach block for cleaning. All of the others I can think of either allow water into the internal parts or do not permit cleaning from the breach or both

cheers mooncoon
 
For cleaning I just put it upside down in my cleaning block to keep all the crap out, your right the sharps is easy to take apart to clean.[/B]
 
I've been the custom 14 3/4 pound Shiloh route. Not going there. Too much $ to take to the bush. I'd like something bigger than 45/70 and of good enough quality, but not the price or the wait time of Shiloh. Shall we say a little more "Off the rack"


C Sharps has guns in stock including 1874s for barely under 2 grand. These guns will break parts and when they do the italian guns are fixed on your dime while Montana ships you new ones free of charge (the savings for a cheap sharps over a few lever springs, firing pins, PITA ordering from the states and trips to gunsmith add up pretty quickly). If you want a more reliable gun thats lower priced then Pedersolis rolling blocks or the miroku winchester 1885s should be up your alley.

Dont waste your time with IAB or Armi Sport sharps, they're crap and there's a good reason they cost around 1000 bucks less then a pedersoli.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom