Looking For Some .30-06 and .45ACP Brass For Quick Powder Reloading

maple leaf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
SW Ontario
I am looking for some some .30-06 and .45ACP brass to use with my muzzleloader. The .30-06 brass holds a little over 60 grains of powder and the .45ACP works as a great sliding fit lid to use as a quick powder reload. If you have any empty brass you would like to donate or sell, please let me know.

Thanks!
 
Didnt know antiques came in 45 acp

They don't. I want the brass to work as a container for a quick reload of blackpowder. The .30-06 holds the charge and the .45ACP is the lid to the load. Easy to keep in your pocket and quick for reloading your muzzleloader if used with a ball board (holds the patch and round ball). This would allow me to keep a bunch of gear at home, and not use a possibles bag when I am hunting.
 
I do roughly the same. I'll use a cut down 41 LC as a powder measure for my travel reloader.
Solder on a neat lil handle and check often on the scale
 
I make handy pour spouts out of 30-06 or 270 brass. Take an old black powder can cap and drill a hole in it. Then cut the base off your cartridge. I then use a plumbers flaring tool to expand the bottom of the case. Then tin the cap with 50/50 solder and place the case on it while the solder is still in its liquid state. Sounds like more work than it is and the pour spout makes things easier.

Cheers. SJ
 
thanks gents for the comments ans suggestions. I'll take them to heart. As for the brass, NorthCoastBigBore has generously covered my needs. This community is awesome in support. Thanks to all!
 
M
I have tons of each you can have many - PM me if you want.

to Alberta Woodsman, this is a common practice for muzzleloading guys & also for measuring cartridge reloads (trim as needed to get the volume). I use it for both reasons.

NCBB

Thanks for informing me of such. Sorry for my comment earlier it was of the smarta** kind. I did know people used cartridges cases for such but somehow didn't think of such when writing my comment. I always used the tips of horns or antlers to make a measure. As for premeasured charges I would use the plastic store bought type. This is a good idea though.
 
Back
Top Bottom