Anyone bought from 1898Colts.com?

Okay, What do you think of the site - does it look clean to you?

When I asked about a gun he said he was setting up at a gun show and that he didn't know if he'd have it later. Does that sound like he's trying to get me to buy in a rush?

He send me higher resolution pictures of the gun when asked and mentioned he'd be open to working out a final price together.
 
Okay, What do you think of the site - does it look clean to you?

When I asked about a gun he said he was setting up at a gun show and that he didn't know if he'd have it later. Does that sound like he's trying to get me to buy in a rush?

He send me higher resolution pictures of the gun when asked and mentioned he'd be open to working out a final price together.
Sounds a bit funky to me. Maybe a WTB on the EE here would be safer. Unless you are looking for something never heard of in this country. What are you actually looking for?
 
I was looking at a Remington 1860 "Old Model". It's advertised as being in good condition and he said he was accepting best offers. Never made an offer but I asked how he felt about arranging a payment plan.

He seemed good up until the statement about the gun show and when I noted that the two websites appear functionally the same I began to wonder if he wasn't running them both.

I'm starting to think I'll just stick to CGN - the rest of the net looks dicier by the day!
 
I was looking at a Remington 1860 "Old Model". It's advertised as being in good condition and he said he was accepting best offers. Never made an offer but I asked how he felt about arranging a payment plan.

He seemed good up until the statement about the gun show and when I noted that the two websites appear functionally the same I began to wonder if he wasn't running them both.

I'm starting to think I'll just stick to CGN - the rest of the net looks dicier by the day!

It's a bit pricey now buying US, 3% card fees, plus shipping, add 15% exchange, border fee, then GST, (unless you can talk them out of it), stuff all adds up. I can't do it these days.
 
Back
Top Bottom