Parts for an 1892 French 8mm revolver UPDATE Jan25!

Barry F

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Location
Melville Sk
:dGood evening fellow gunnutz. I am looking for a source for parts for an 1892 french revolver. I just spent a lot of money on one and low and behold the thing doesn't lock up properly. There is a piece that locks the cylinder in place when you close the latch on it that has a pin broken off. Does anyone know where I could find a part for one of these? As it stands right now if you pull the trigger on it the cylinder moves over about 1/16th of an inch and so is not going to be safe to fire.
Any help would be appreciated.
Barry
 
Last edited:
I would look for a cheeper modern registered 1892 french,, they made them till like 1922 or so unchanged.
Buy it just for its parts you might get one for like $450 or so if its registered some places will strip them and keep the frame saveing you the hassel of doing the reg transfer they will want extra to strip it maby but the parts can be well worth it.
Check all the Canadain gun shops that sell used handguns first like marstar ect.
This way not only will you get the part you need you will have a modern higher quality steel cylinder that should pop right in the antique frame + a ton of other great parts.
I dont know of any other place that would have parts except maby numrich in the USA they do ship certin parts up here shipping is expensive tho.
Another idea is ask Ellwood epps if they can repair it they do work on antique guns that gun should not be that hard to fix.
good luck.
 
Is this what you're looking for?

You may have to deal in french, but it does say the seller ships internationally. There are a few of them on the site at the moment.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/VERROU-DE-BARILLET-DE-REVOLVER-MLE-1892-EN-PAFAIT-ETAT-item-1915902.html
Holy crap that is the piece. I don't speak french, but will try to find someone who might. Nice find, thanks!
Thanks everyone for your help, I will explore all options here.
Tiriaq:
I don't think a repair of this piece would be possible. It is a very small pin and it is broken off well into the metal on this part. I will try and post a pic later.
 
Holy crap that is the piece. I don't speak french, but will try to find someone who might. Nice find, thanks!
Thanks everyone for your help, I will explore all options here.
Tiriaq:
I don't think a repair of this piece would be possible. It is a very small pin and it is broken off well into the metal on this part. I will try and post a pic later.
Looks like an E-bay type of business....part was sold. U may be SOL.
 
Looks like an E-bay type of business....part was sold. U may be SOL.

I bought it! It was extremely difficult to sign up for the sight as I don't speak any French! I hope it shows up at my address lol....

edit: I just checked and it says....sold to Barry F! woohoo!!!
 
I bought it! It was extremely difficult to sign up for the sight as I don't speak any French! I hope it shows up at my address lol....

edit: I just checked and it says....sold to Barry F! woohoo!!!

there are a lot of parts on that site, I saw at least one more like what you're looking for. The trick is you have to search in french, knowing what the parts are called helps. or if you look for the model name you can scroll through the pictures.

there's a site called tir-collection that has an antique forum, lots of info there too, but again it's in french.
 
What a great site for all things antique, plus modern stuff. I am very interested in hearing that you DIDN'T have any import issues. Because, this may be one of the best parts sources I have seen to date. Thankfully, my daughter is fluently bilingual. :)
 
What a great site for all things antique, plus modern stuff. I am very interested in hearing that you DIDN'T have any import issues. Because, this may be one of the best parts sources I have seen to date. Thankfully, my daughter is fluently bilingual. :)
I will post the results of my order....keeping my fingers crossed!
 
Update: I got the part and it is installed! I am so happy right now! Thank you again CGN'ers for all of your help in finding this part, and that website is amazing! There was no fitting required.
Cheers,
Barry
 
Back
Top Bottom