Not sure. I always heard that they were not that great to be honest.
Part of the issue is the bullet of the MH varies from .460 up
I made one and tried it but terrible accuracy. I did not expect much because the bore of a 450-577 is only about .001" smaller than the bullet. Some people use adaptors made for 45-70 shells which are not too bad for accuracy but depending on the fit of the adapter to the chamber, the 45-70 shells can be hard to remove. I also made an adapter for a 45-70 shell shortened so that it ends at the shoulder of the adapter --- that means that the adapter does not expand to fit the chamber and the shells are much easier to remove. The issue of how well the adapter fits the chamber is that if you try to make a universal adapter, it is going to be loose in some chambers
cheers mooncoon
???????????????????????
to explain what the problem is; the neck area of the martini chamber adapter is fairly thin. When a full loaded 45-70 shell is fired in it, if the neck of the adapter is not tight in the chamber, it will bulge slightly. That means that the 45-70 shell becomes slightly flared at the case mouth and for that reason is difficult to remove. Not impossible but needs to be tapped out with a rod. The adapter is thick enough in the main body that it does not bulge even though it is slightly loose and that means that a shell which does not extent into the neck portion of the adapter can be removed much more easily
cheers mooncoon
British martinis need at least a .468" bullet that said these work ok and close ranges with .45 colt id like to get my hands on some .455 webley bullets with a hollow base to try
Not correct. From BMF
Specific bore dimensions and bullet diameters
W.R./ Francotte ZAR (and Henry Rifled commercial units in #2 Musket)
... bore diameter, 0.449" ... groove diameter, 0.463" ... recommended bullet diameter, 0.460" to 0.463"
MK I rifles
MK II rifles
MK III rifles
MK I Cavalry Carbines
MK I Garrison Carbines
MK I Artillery Carbines
MK II Artillery Carbines
MK III Artillery Carbines
... bore diameter, 0.449" ... groove diameter, 0.465" to 0.467" ... recommended bullet diameter, 0.465" to 0.467"
MK IV A pattern rifles
MK IV B pattern rifles
MK IV C pattern rifles
... bore diameter, 0.453" ... groove diameter, 0.470" to 0.472" ... recommended bullet diameter, 0.470" to 0.472".
that was more about the part I made bold



























