Dressing up the old girl,,, All Done!!!

Polar_Hunter

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I purchased my Ajax Army, not to sit in a safe, but to be used. After finding that the grips were way to small for my hand I started planning how to make something more comfortable. I purposely left the finish rough to give it a nicked, used look. The antler "shed" had been out in the weather long enough to turn grey so I stained them with leather dye to try and get an "antique" effect. The new grips are comfortable and I like the look.

 
Last edited:
I don't know much (anything really) about these guns, but it looks great! Nice work.

The Ajax Army was built by Iver Johnson for distribution by the E.C. Meacham company. It is the same as the American Bulldog. I'm told they don't have any collector value but it seems to be a good shooter. (that is what I got it for) Apparently, back in the day, if you could not afford a Colt or S&W you got an Iver Johnson. (I guess things haven't changed much,,, LOL) The biggest failure with this design is that it has no means of ejection built in. I'm working on that problem now and should have it solved soon. I'm tired of pushing the cases out with a pencil.
 
Well, there is a means of ejection built in but it's kinda slow and a pain in the Azz. You remove the cylinder pin, remove the cylinder and poke out the empties with the pin. LOL

Scott
 
Back
Top Bottom