.32 British Bulldog ammo?

I have seen a older .320 that will chamber .32. .320 is slightly shorter than .32 I have made .320 buy shortening and reduce powder charge of 32 colt. Factory ammo is nonexistent. I have some 32 colt brass if you need some.
 
Well i learned something new today. Apparently any .32 centre fire hand gun in Canada is prohib. I was under the impression that antique status beat the prohib status but in the case of a .32 im wrong.
 
320 which is similar to.32 short colt is not a prohibited cartridge. The 320 is .317 bullet diameter 32 is 312 also rim on 320 is thinner.
 
You would have to prove that it's in fact 320 not 32. That may be hard to do unless so marked as Cal 320 or just 320. Message member cyclone. He may be able to give you some advice on this.
 
There are 5 .32 caliber chamberings which negate antique status and result in prohibited classification: .32 Short Colt; .32 Long Colt; .32 S&W; .32 S&W Long; .32-20 (.32WCF).
Is .320 British the same as any of these, with a different name? Was it designed and manufactured as a different round?
 
If it is a legitimate 32cal antique then there won't be any modern ammunition that can be safely used. Reloading using pure lead projectiles is your only option.
 
There are 5 .32 caliber chamberings which negate antique status and result in prohibited classification: .32 Short Colt; .32 Long Colt; .32 S&W; .32 S&W Long; .32-20 (.32WCF).
Is .320 British the same as any of these, with a different name? Was it designed and manufactured as a different round?


The .320 British preceded the .32 Short Colt in design and in existence.


While .32 Short Colt brass may fit in some .320 British revolvers' cylinders, the bullet of the .32 Short Colt is significantly smaller than the diameter of the .320 British's bullet (and firearm barrels).


We're talking .317 vs. .312 when we say .320 British vs. .32 Short Colt.


Edit: I missed the earlier post that agreed with most of the information I've posted here.
 
Last edited:
Well i learned something new today. Apparently any .32 centre fire hand gun in Canada is prohib. I was under the impression that antique status beat the prohib status but in the case of a .32 im wrong.
Not true.

320 which is similar to.32 short colt is not a prohibited cartridge. The 320 is .317 bullet diameter 32 is 312 also rim on 320 is thinner.
.320 is older than .32 colt. .320 was used in the design of the .32 colt cartridges.

Interesting bit of info. According to CFO that revolver is prohib no exceptions. Still i will look into the calibre difference for sure.
The cfo is wrong.

There are 5 .32 caliber chamberings which negate antique status and result in prohibited classification: .32 Short Colt; .32 Long Colt; .32 S&W; .32 S&W Long; .32-20 (.32WCF).
Is .320 British the same as any of these, with a different name? Was it designed and manufactured as a different round?
Designed and manufactured long before the colt rounds were dreamed of...

If it is a legitimate 32cal antique then there won't be any modern ammunition that can be safely used. Reloading using pure lead projectiles is your only option.
Ummmm. No.

The .320 British preceded the .32 Short Colt in design and in existence.


While .32 Short Colt brass may fit in some .320 British revolvers' cylinders, the bullet of the .32 Short Colt is significantly smaller than the diameter of the .320 British's bullet (and firearm barrels).


We're talking .317 vs. .312 when we say .320 British vs. .32 Short Colt.


Edit: I missed the earlier post that agreed with most of the information I've posted here.
You've got it.
 
I have done my homework and there isn't any modern ammunition that is currently available. I am well aware that Fiocchi makes small runs for obsolete calibers from time to time as I have some of it. They haven't made any for some time now and there is nothing available. The original poster was inquiring about the availability of ammunition for an antique in 32cal. The answer is that there is nothing available that can be safely used in a 32cal antique therefore he will have to reload.
 
I have done my homework and there isn't any modern ammunition that is currently available. I am well aware that Fiocchi makes small runs for obsolete calibers from time to time as I have some of it. They haven't made any for some time now and there is nothing available. The original poster was inquiring about the availability of ammunition for an antique in 32cal. The answer is that there is nothing available that can be safely used in a 32cal antique therefore he will have to reload.
It's ok to be wrong... Nobody will think less of you.
You are wrong by the way... ;)
 
Apparently you are unable to prove your point by providing anything substantial. A link to something suitable and currently available would suffice.
 
I have done my homework and there isn't any modern ammunition that is currently available. I am well aware that Fiocchi makes small runs for obsolete calibers from time to time as I have some of it. They haven't made any for some time now and there is nothing available. The original poster was inquiring about the availability of ammunition for an antique in 32cal. The answer is that there is nothing available that can be safely used in a 32cal antique therefore he will have to reload.
You state that a company does runs and that you in fact have some...
Apparently you are unable to prove your point by providing anything substantial. A link to something suitable and currently available would suffice.
And here you ask me to prove its out there?? Why, you just did that?
Just because you can't find a source doesn't mean there isn't one out there... Gun shows and the EE on this site are two.

Just give up... You are wrong.

Good night.
 
Back
Top Bottom