50/95 Brass

tbrwlf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
266   0   1
Location
Sudbury Ontario
Can anyone help me get a small supply of 50/95 brass?

I have tried buffalo arms and they say no.

I have tried several others to no avail.

I have the gun and dies and moulds, just no brass.


Dealers are more than welcome to respond.


Mods may move this if they think it is in the wrong section.


Thanks to all who read this. Even if you can't help.
 
Mystic Precision and several others can get Starline brass if they make it.

Rusty woods has a very good list.

Price is going to be steep especially if they need you to order a 100 minimum or more.
 
Jamison (now Captech) makes excellent quality brass. Whether they make it for the 50-95 I do not know. You can also get 50-95 brass from Rocky Mountain Brass. They machine it from bar stock and properly headstamp it. It is expensive, but I've purchased brass from them in the past and have been pleased with the quality. If, however, Jamison/Captech makes it, I'd definitely go that route, as it will be of excellent quality. As to who imports it into Canada, I do not know, although I see some suggestions above.
 
If you find .50-90 brass any cheaper or more available, it's not very difficult to make .50-95 out of it. If you're in Sudbury have you checked with Dennis at Shooter's Den? The man makes me shake my head at all the stuff he finds.
 
Have you contacted Prophet River? Most of the companies will ship to a US FFL. IIRC it's $50 fee through Prophet River BUT you can bring in as much of any particular stock # as you want. They supply you with access through their FFL affiliate and give you the forms and some guidance on the paperwork.

You can also do it yourself but if you're busy, then for $50...
 
I would definitely try Jerry Teo at Mystic Precision. He has brought in oddball brass for me several times. From Starline, Jamison, and Norma. I think he can get pretty much whatever you want. He is also a good guy to deal with.

Chris.
 
I have some 50-95 currently listed on EE, ammo section. I imported a bunch for me and two buddies with the same 1876 replicas.

They are fun guns to shoot - not the least because of the other shooters reactions. My first load was a paper patched Lee modern minie: tack driver, but you could only single load. It wouldn't cycle through. Now using a custom from Mountain Molds.
 
Bump.

I am in the same boat and wonder: my parents are snowbirds in Arizona. Could they buy brass from Jamison there in the US and then bring it across the border without any issues? All I need is a couple hundred...
 
Bump.

I am in the same boat and wonder: my parents are snowbirds in Arizona. Could they buy brass from Jamison there in the US and then bring it across the border without any issues? All I need is a couple hundred...

You can buy loaded ammo no problem and bring it back, used to do it all the time. And brass isn't considered "live" ammo, I'm sure you don't need a PAL to bring it across. But don't quote me on that last bit.
 
Bump.

I am in the same boat and wonder: my parents are snowbirds in Arizona. Could they buy brass from Jamison there in the US and then bring it across the border without any issues? All I need is a couple hundred...

our side(Canada) would have no problems on the US side trying to export it is a no no its covered under the US ITAR regulations
 
Back
Top Bottom