Stolen guns alert BOLO please

Short Knife Johnson

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
St. Paul AB
Hello All.

I just received a heads up that one of the crappiest things happened to the finest of individuals this Christmas season. Harvey Trace And his lovely wife Esther returned to their home near New Norway, Alberta after spending Christmas at their daughter's house to find their house broken into.

10 firearms stolen.

3 of them described as follows:
44 1/2 Stevens in .45-70 with a Ron Smith octagon barrel
Remington Rolling block in .38-50 with Ron Smith octagon barrel. Long Range sights, no barrel markings. This rifle has an unfinished barrel and the stock is rather crude as I recall.
Hoch falling block with Ron Smith round barrel marked .32 Trace/RKS. Scheuzten rifle set-up with hook buttplate and no sights.

I have no information on the other 7 items or serial numbers. This is all the Esther provided. I will try to find out more. Any information of these items, please contact the Camrose Alberta RCMP.









 
Last edited:
Way to close to home I have been hearing more of this, there was a guy robbing around here locals chased him down for hours before they rammed him of the road he pulled a gun on them they laughed at him told him they had lots of those to, guy ran off into the fog so the farmers waited for the cops with a dog. No charges against the farmers thankfully.
 
My earlier remark was unintentionally flippant. We are all vulnerable to such attacks. You can bet it was someone who KNEW he had firearms, not a random hit.

I like rurally as well and we are frequently away from home. I am very careful as to whom I admit to my gun room. I have refused to show guns to one individual as he is known to have a big mouth and repeats what he hears at the local café/general store. He might be OK, but you can't guarantee who might over hear and decide to pay a visit.
 
Last edited:
Good reminder to put pics and serial numbers on a stick as Insurance, hope they catch the guys in a rural area they just may spill some info to someone..
 
My earlier remark was unintentionally flippant. We are all vulnerable to such attacks. You can bet it was someone who KNEW he had firearms, not a random hit.

I like rurally as well and we are frequently away from home. I am very careful as to whom I admit to my gun room. I have refused to show guns to one individual as he is known to have a big mouth and repeats what he hears at the local café/general store. He might be OK, but you can't guarantee who might over hear and decide to pay a visit.


No worries on sounding flippant. Most of us are thinking similar things in pointing out the ineffectiveness of the law. It infuriates me because the victims in this are such undeserving people. I myself have also become very careful on who gets told what in such regards.
 
Doesn't seem like the type of firearms a typical criminal would want


I was thinking that as well . May be hard to sell these types of rifles as they are not that common , and may be easily spotted . The thieves probably just grabbed all the guns they could without even looking at them....the typical thief does not like to hang around the B and E site any longer than they have to . Smash , grab and run is the usual MO ....
 
The worst part will be, if the cops find the firearms, they'll likely be hacked and sawed off. this happened to my dad 20 years ago after a trip away. in my dad's case when the firearms were recovered, they had to be sent directly to a smith to have new barrel and stocks installed as the "perps/a$$holes" sawed them in half trying to make them more "Gangster!" Hopefully that is still the practice and the local police Sargent doesn't just automatically deem them to be destroyed. Its a real shame.
 
so sorry to hear of your buddy's loss. It could have been much worse though. They could have been home invaded, beaten, tortured and killed, and still had their stuff stolen....doesn't make it any easier on the psyche though.
 
There is a limited market for BPCR's. They were taken by someone with (a) the interest or (b) someone who had a market for them. The BPCR community is both small and close knit. Those guns will NOT show up locally and running them through a 'chop shop' for parts isn't likely either. My guess they are headed across the DMZ.

I wonder if we'll hear about "more guns on the street in criminal hands" as a result of this theft?


Doesn't seem like the type of firearms a typical criminal would want
 
Back
Top Bottom