TheCoachZed
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
I might have a line on an old relic of a French 1873 revolver in need of some help. The bore is pitted, and the ejector rod needs some work. I don't have any pix, only heard of this one through the grapevine. Price is decent, only reason I'd consider.
Was wondering if cylinders and barrel could be sleeved down to .22 mag, legally or practically. I think the ejector rod would need repair anyway, so that could be turned into a .22 mag-friendly part. Or maybe a gunsmith could make a new one?
Does anyone still do this stuff? I have a local guy I'd trust to do it on a rifle, but not sure if he's ever worked on wheelguns (he's pretty old-school, has the hand tools the old timey smiths would have used.)
I don't know if OAL of the French 1873 revolvers would permit .22 mag anyway.
Was wondering if cylinders and barrel could be sleeved down to .22 mag, legally or practically. I think the ejector rod would need repair anyway, so that could be turned into a .22 mag-friendly part. Or maybe a gunsmith could make a new one?
Does anyone still do this stuff? I have a local guy I'd trust to do it on a rifle, but not sure if he's ever worked on wheelguns (he's pretty old-school, has the hand tools the old timey smiths would have used.)
I don't know if OAL of the French 1873 revolvers would permit .22 mag anyway.


















































