Hey guys,
So I recently came into this rifle. As much as I enjoy dabbling with my Hawkins rifle, this old girl is beyond my knowledge base. I can just make out Tower which makes me beleive its a Tower rifle, and the date I think is 1856, although it's a little difficult to make out. So far proof makes tell me it's sold out of service, buut that's about all I got. I would love a little info on what she is, and ballpark value. If it is a tower rifle I'm assuming it's .577 ball, which Id love to confirm so I can try her out. Thank you for any help you smokepole experts may offer.










So I recently came into this rifle. As much as I enjoy dabbling with my Hawkins rifle, this old girl is beyond my knowledge base. I can just make out Tower which makes me beleive its a Tower rifle, and the date I think is 1856, although it's a little difficult to make out. So far proof makes tell me it's sold out of service, buut that's about all I got. I would love a little info on what she is, and ballpark value. If it is a tower rifle I'm assuming it's .577 ball, which Id love to confirm so I can try her out. Thank you for any help you smokepole experts may offer.




























































