Dark Alley Dan
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- Darkest Edmonton
Hey, folks.
We left the gate open again and these two wandered into the yard. Not sure what to make of them.
#1 used to be a Snider of some description, but now looks pretty beat:
It's rifled, but just barely, with a very rough bore.
Anything special about it? What's it worth?
+++++++++++++++++++++
#2 is a smoothbore muzzle loader. She has a very faint "Birmingham" mark at the breech.
Here's that washed-out Birmingham, plus another word I can't make out at all:
Some pretty hairy repair work at the tang...
Bore measures about .75:
I have the feeling it's something of a "trade gun", but wonder if it isn't something more substantial. Ideas? Value?
Cheers,
Dan
We left the gate open again and these two wandered into the yard. Not sure what to make of them.
#1 used to be a Snider of some description, but now looks pretty beat:
It's rifled, but just barely, with a very rough bore.
Anything special about it? What's it worth?
+++++++++++++++++++++
#2 is a smoothbore muzzle loader. She has a very faint "Birmingham" mark at the breech.
Here's that washed-out Birmingham, plus another word I can't make out at all:
Some pretty hairy repair work at the tang...
Bore measures about .75:
I have the feeling it's something of a "trade gun", but wonder if it isn't something more substantial. Ideas? Value?
Cheers,
Dan


















































