Information on my new to me 1975 Armi San Paolo Enfield Musketoon

chook

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bought this 1975 made Armi San Paolo Enfield Musketoon at a local Gunshow a few months ago for $140, unfired. It was someone's wall ornament and was mint except the idiot electro-pencilled his name on the barrel, so will have to get that buffed out. I am looking for any info on this particular manufacturers version of this Musketoon, but they are long out of business. I've looked at EuroArms, PH, and Pedersoli's versions and specs, but would love to see an original manual or specs on this Armi San Paolo built one if anybody has any. I've shot it with .570 RB's, .005 Ox-Yoke patches, over 50 grains by volume of Triple7. It will put the balls in a 2" circle at 50 yards with this load, but they are 6" high and 6" to the left of the bull. Any help or suggestions would be muchly appreciated, I just LOVE this rifle.

 
I've never seen an ASM Musketoon before - and my connection with BP arms goes back to the late 1960's. It looks really good with that dark-finished stock, too, much more authentic than my light-toned P-H version from 1974. That, too, shoots left and high with ANY load. And for anybody, so it's not just me. I have no idea why - varying the load from 45 up to 65gr makes no difference, although I have never shot RPB in it. Might give it a try and see what happens.

Nice one, Sir.

tac
 
You are lucky, I would LOVE to own a PH Musketoon; nothing like having the real deal from the real company. :) I have used RB's exclusively on our BP trail we have here, minie balls do too much damage to the targets. I also shoot the Lee .578 478gr minie, but find the RB more accurate so far. :) Let me know when you want to trade Musketoons. :p
 
You are lucky, I would LOVE to own a PH Musketoon; nothing like having the real deal from the real company. :) I have used RB's exclusively on our BP trail we have here, minie balls do too much damage to the targets. I also shoot the Lee .578 478gr minie, but find the RB more accurate so far. :) Let me know when you want to trade Musketoons. :p

Not sure what you meant but Parker Hales were also reproductions granted they were supposedly built from the original Enfield gauges.
 
Oh, I thought they were one of the civilian contractors back in the day that also manufactured them. In any case, I think they are the top of the heap for quality and build. Enjoy it! My next purchase is going to be a Snider Enfield so I can use cartridges. :)
 
Not sure what you meant but Parker Hales were also reproductions granted they were supposedly built from the original Enfield gauges.

Sir, there is no 'supposedly' about it, having seen them in use with my own eyes at Parker-Hale's Golden Hillock Road manufactury. More to the point is that the late Herbie Woodend, curator of the MoD Pattern Room, at that time based with BAe in Nottingham, checked the contents of the container on their overly late return to the Pattern Room back in the late 1990's, with me standing beside him reading off the contents of the chest. You'll be pleased to know that nothing was missing.

Every single piece made by Parker-Hale is a perfect copy of the original part - easy to prove by replacing one part with another, as I have done on may occasions as a demonstration.

tac
 
Sir, there is no 'supposedly' about it, having seen them in use with my own eyes at Parker-Hale's Golden Hillock Road manufactury. More to the point is that the late Herbie Woodend, curator of the MoD Pattern Room, at that time based with BAe in Nottingham, checked the contents of the container on their overly late return to the Pattern Room back in the late 1990's, with me standing beside him reading off the contents of the chest. You'll be pleased to know that nothing was missing.

Every single piece made by Parker-Hale is a perfect copy of the original part - easy to prove by replacing one part with another, as I have done on may occasions as a demonstration.

tac

ALL the more reason I want a Parker Hale! Thanks for the excellent information.
 
Back
Top Bottom