1874 Sharps

Mr.Rigpig

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Location
SE Sask
Do any of the sponsors have these rifles in stock? I would like to purchase one, probably 45-70 or 45-90. Most likely be a Pedersoli replica due to cost....
Thanks,
 
Correct, I should have put that in my original post. I have seen their offerings, and would like to compare to some others before I spend. So far, Marstar is the only place that I have found that has them.

I have absolutely nothing against Marstar, I just want to shop around a bit. (Part of the fun)
 
I bought and returned a '74 Sharps from MarStar as unacceptable. Cost me $48 to return it and a month to get reimbursed.

I've seen a couple of acceptable Pedersolis. I recently met Mr. Bilozir at a gun show., If I was going to ever buy another Ped, I would get it through him. His are done as a special order and so marked.
Buy one from him and you won't be disappointed. Yes, you'll pay a little more, but you get what you pay for.

Shiloh frequently has rifles on their 'ready to go rack', rifles reneged on or the buyer died before delivery . After my Pedersoli disappointment, I bought one of those (Shiloh #6 for me) and am delighted with it. You're looking at another $1000-1500 over the cost of a Ped, plus S&H, import duty, etc., but you've got an heirloom.
 
Last edited:
Thanks '63
I think I will probably try a Pedersoli and see if it's for me. If it gets used enough, then I will go through Shiloh for the "gun of my dreams".

I know, buy once cry once but until the oilfield picks up if I was to drop ~5000 on a rifle the wife would see to it that I didn't wake up the next morning. Lol.
 
Pedersoli silhouette model (45-70) ordered. Now if they would hurry up and ship it.... Lol

I'm like a little kid waiting for Xmas morning, the wait is killing me.
 
Good luck!

That is the model I ordered from MarStar and returned at my expense. . The lever had sharp edges, there tool marks on the receiver in several places, there was an unsightly gap between the receiver and the lock plate, the "hand rubbed" finish looked like paint, etc.

I will say that the wood to metal fit was good and I liked the muzzle crowning, something Shiloh does not do because it isn't historically correct.


Pedersoli silhouette model (45-70) ordered. Now if they would hurry up and ship it.... Lol

I'm like a little kid waiting for Xmas morning, the wait is killing me.
 
Good luck!

That is the model I ordered from MarStar and returned at my expense. . The lever had sharp edges, there tool marks on the receiver in several places, there was an unsightly gap between the receiver and the lock plate, the "hand rubbed" finish looked like paint, etc.

I will say that the wood to metal fit was good and I liked the muzzle crowning, something Shiloh does not do because it isn't historically correct.

Well, at least I shouldn't get the one you returned, as I ordered from a different retailer. Lol

I hope it is good when it arrives, they are sure taking their sweet time shipping it.
 
Order cancelled.

Been 7 days and they have not even processed my order, let alone shipped it. I had called them twice to see if there was a problem, and just felt like I was being brushed off.

Yes the rifle was in stock(supposedly). Maybe I'm too impatient but I have dealt with retailers that I know are swamped and they still seem to ship the same day or the next. A week seems excessive to me.

Because I know someone will ask, the dealer was "the gun room" aka shooters choice in Ontario. Their price was good, service was not.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom