577 minie

Dsiwy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Anyone here know a good source for Enfield 577 minie balls that won't break the bank? I will get around to making my own, just want to shoot a few in the mean time.

Also anyone here use the Lyman Parker Hale Minie .575, 566gr?
 
I m planning on having a Pritchett bullet mould made for my PH. Muskettoon.I had a similar Rapine bullet mould for the Pritchett bullet and it was crazy accurate in a PH enfield I use to own, luckily I have a couple of old bullets cast from this mould to help me copy a new one
 
I have the old PH 58560 mold, for my Musketoon, and have been casting up a bunch lately. Collected 18 & 1/2 lbs of lead from stick on wheel weights, mixed with pure lead balls that I had no need for. My initial attempts were mediocre, about 75% went back in the pot due to flaws. After a couple hundred attempts, I'm down to about 20% rejects now, and my standards have gotten much higher for what goes back in the pot. Use a pot without a bottom pour, and use a ladle to pour into the mold.
I could probably sell a few if you want, but shipping gets expensive.
Vincent
 
Back
Top Bottom