FFG & 1/2 or 2 1/2 FG?

bat119

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Location
On the border
Due to a combination of old age and memory loss I topped off my powder horn with 3F instead of 2F. I was going to throw the whole mess out instead I went to the shooting range and worked my way up to my normal load of 90 Grs. under a 275 gr. sabot bullet in my .50 TC Hawken . It shoots 2" higher at 50 yards than before and good thing it worked out tomorrow is opening day for whitetail.

I posted this in case anyone else has this happen


20160831_134209_resized_zps0h6zanoe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good tip a 8mm rem mag holds 90 grs. of 3 F
 
Last edited:
Goex 4F. Wonder if it can be used in my Flintlock Bess and Springfield. Will give it a start at half powder charge see what happens. Might use during our late M.L. deer season.
 
Goex 4F. Wonder if it can be used in my Flintlock Bess and Springfield. Will give it a start at half powder charge see what happens. Might use during our late M.L. deer season.

Are you using FFFFg for the priming pan or main load?
 
Back
Top Bottom