Scope on a Sharps

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Let's start by saying my eyes are poor! I would like to scope my sharp 50-90, but not with a tiny tube traditional scope. I want a 1" tube and enough power to see the holes. Any Segestions ?
 
Regardless of what type of scope you mount it with, if you want to see bullets holes you'll need a spotting scope.
 
Do lots of shooting with BPCRs at 200+ metres?

I do lots of shooting over 200 meters but not with BPCRs , but the OP asked for enough power to see the holes.
And there are lots of rifle scopes out there that can do that, one example ( Sightron - SIIISS 10-50x60 LRT/MOA-2 .125 MOA - MOA-2) .
 
MVA is the only choice...28" scope with mounts bases and MOA knobs is $1535.00 USD plus shipping and duties then you need someone SKILLED to mount it.

Been there done that
 
MVA is the only choice...28" scope with mounts bases and MOA knobs is $1535.00 USD plus shipping and duties then you need someone SKILLED to mount it.

Been there done that


Your a little off on the American price, they are a grand US or $1300 Canadian Peso. Probably $1700 once the dust is settled.
 
Leatherwood offers a cheaper 6x scope, but it's also a 3/4" tube which the OP said he didn't want. Anything else is going to look odd on a Sharps rifle.
 
I,ve looked at both the leatherwood and can, not what I want. I have good hunting scopes and target scopes. I guess D&T is my only option. Will decrease the value but it is mine, paid for, and I would play with it more.
 
Montana Vintage Arms 6x scope will do the trick.

Yuppers. MVA Winchester Model B-series scopes come in x3, x4 and x5 and look the part, being slim, but only about fifteen inches long. They come with two versions - plain but clicking mounts for US$575, or with graduations for US$650. They even have the original 'grasshopper tube tension spring! Quality, as you might expect, is outstanding.

Stay away from the Pedersoli stuff - ALL of it - with regard to telescopic sights. I've just arranged the entire replacement of a long tube scope made in Hongpan and the crappiest mounts you've ever seen in your life on a pal's Sharps. He paid over a thousand US for them extra when he bought the Pedersoli Sharps, and they are not worth sending back. There just has to a be a good reason why MVA stuff dominates BPCR worldwide. Here in UK nobody but me has anything else. I've got a x18 Unertl Super Target on my High Wall.

tac
 
Last edited:
I have a few of the MVA scopes. They are good, but you'll have a hard time seeing bullet holes past 100 yards every time. When the light is good I can see holes at 200m, but this is not the normal circumstance. A friend has an older Fecker scope that is 12x which is still a small tube (3/4") scope, but they are quite hard to find.

Chris.
 
If it keeps you shooting, put anything you want on your rifle! Yours is the ONLY opinion that matters. Gute ziel.

I,ve looked at both the leatherwood and can, not what I want. I have good hunting scopes and target scopes. I guess D&T is my only option. Will decrease the value but it is mine, paid for, and I would play with it more.
 
Back
Top Bottom