Shipping Antiques

wr.sainsbury

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.5%
181   1   0
Location
vancouver island
Greetings all-- Wondering if any of you are shipping antiques and experiencing problems with Canada Post getting compensation for damages on shipments. Recently shipped a War of 1812 Brown Bess that survived the war but not Canada Post. Looks like their very expensive insurance is for show only and not worth the fffg to blow it up. Any comments or thoughts?
 
Greetings all-- Wondering if any of you are shipping antiques and experiencing problems with Canada Post getting compensation for damages on shipments. Recently shipped a War of 1812 Brown Bess that survived the war but not Canada Post. Looks like their very expensive insurance is for show only and not worth the fffg to blow it up. Any comments or thoughts?
Never had an issue, but, a last resort would be small claims court, they may be enticed to settle before the court date.
 
Never really had a case that went all the way. By that I mean I had a shotgun disappear off the doorstep that the mailman left when I wasn't home. Long story short it had been taken in by a neighbor 2 doors down who saw the box on my doorstep. By the time I knew that, I had filed a police report and contacted a postal worker at the head office down East. She took all my info and started an investigation and gave me her extension number if I needed/wanted to contact her. She was quite helpful but I can't say what would have happened as far as settling a claim if the gun had not turned up. Otherwise I have sent or received many guns through the mail with not one being damaged.
Why are they giving a hard time about paying the claim? Are they claiming it wasn't packaged properly or?
 
Packaging has always been a point of pride with me as many past deals have shown. In discussion today found out they left a phone mssg while we were away at rendezvous and after 3 days of no response cancelled the claim. No other attempt to rectify. Today claim was reinstated so we'll see what happens. will keep posts up as things evolve. Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom