Webley no 5 express

shellriv

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
MANITOBA
I have been researching window shopping for and antique revolver for several years( I am anal looking for the perfect Gun for me) the #5 new army express has my attention at the moment but there seems to be very limited talk on the internet on this model
please share your experience or opinions on this revolver as a collector piece.
 
I have been researching window shopping for and antique revolver for several years( I am anal looking for the perfect Gun for me) the #5 new army express has my attention at the moment but there seems to be very limited talk on the internet on this model
please share your experience or opinions on this revolver as a collector piece.

I had a few of them webley no 5s, they shot really nice and it was a very strong gun being soild frame.
I prefer the 1878 Tranter army model soild frame revolver to the webley no 5 tho. I have two Tranter 1878s and a 1879 break open action model as well. they all shoot as good as each other I just like the longer grip of the tranter over the webley.
both the no 5 and the 1878 tranter are very hard to find tho even in the USA never mind up here.
 
At least with a Colt SAA you can find new or newer made replacement parts without too much effort if needed. These revolvers will also sell much easier when you decide to move onto other hobbies or are forced to sell.

Remington 1875/1890's are also very nice and very strong revolvers with new parts still being made by some Italian gunmakers and the originals are very collectable.

A German Reichsrevolver is likely stronger, easier to find and made from much better steel (especially a late 1890's made one) compared to the malleable iron Tranter revolvers from the 1870's and early 1880's if you are also looking for a shooter.

I helped Dingus out with passing on some Tranters for sale awhile ago at a reasonable price as they did not take my interest.
 
Back
Top Bottom