Question loading Snider-Enfield 24 Ga. Shotgun hulls

Greytrooper

New member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Location
Ontario
A question for those of you that are loading 24 Ga. Shotgun hulls with black powder and round balls for you .577 Snider.

What size roundball are you using in the hull and what is the best powder load in your experience?

Managed to get my hands on some shells and am looking forward to shooting my Snider-Enfield.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Greytrooper: Lots of threads about this on British Militaria forums- I think .60 round balls are commonly used. Did you find 24g hulls in Canada? I had originally wanted to try this but couldn't find any and ended up going with the brass cases and minie bullets.

milsurpo
 
I picked up plastic 24 gauge shells from rustywood a couple of years ago. I have been using .60 balls, 55 grains of 2f then topped off with cream of wheat. the shells have to be cut down to 2".
Trevor
 
Greytrooper: Lots of threads about this on British Militaria forums- I think .60 round balls are commonly used. Did you find 24g hulls in Canada? I had originally wanted to try this but couldn't find any and ended up going with the brass cases and minie bullets.

milsurpo
Will Bilozir in Dewinton sells 24 gauge brass and Fiocchi plastic
Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom