Nice holster for Webley

john@

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
89   0   1
Location
Ottawa
I got this at the Ancaster HMCS show last weekend, was not sure if it would be big enough for a Webley MkII. Was please with how well it fits. Not tight, snug on the slightly loose side. The holster is a Canadian 1937 pattern.

Greedy photobucket is blocking the photos, you'lll have to go here to my album to see them directly.

http://s819.photobucket.com/user/john170950/library/Misc


20170409_210455_zpsww8r6lvv.jpg


20170409_210444_zpsvghaqdmq.jpg


20170409_210432_zpsw8imrfpd.jpg
 
Last edited:
They were made, I think, as a multi-purpose design for all of the large frame .455 revolvers still in use at that time.

The New Service, S&W New Century, and Webley Mark VI with 6 inch barrels.

I can remember buying these unissued in the 70s in Navy or Air Force grey for two or three dollars each.

They are so amorphous in shape that you could use them for any large frame revolver with a 5 1/2" or six inch barrel.
 
Could the stamp inside the flap be ZL&T Ltd or co. Ontario made by Zephyr Loom and Tackle , mostly for the .38 S&W Enfield. Did u get the cleaning rod(plastic and steel to go with the holster(two loops inside))?I have a Canadian WW1 leather holster for the .455(Carlson Leather?), with army acceptance.
 
hard to tell for sure, it does look like "...&T LTD."
this one did not come with the cleaning rod, but I do have one from another holster.
 
Could the stamp inside the flap be ZL&T Ltd or co. Ontario made by Zephyr Loom and Tackle , mostly for the .38 S&W Enfield. Did u get the cleaning rod(plastic and steel to go with the holster(two loops inside))?I have a Canadian WW1 leather holster for the .455(Carlson Leather?), with army acceptance.

Seems to me that the webbing .38 Enfield holsters were smaller and a more defined shape.
 
Back
Top Bottom