Who was at the Bud Haynes/ Ward auction today?

DANCESWITHEMPTIES

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Well I was there in interweb spirit... A lot of nice, unique antiques... Kinda wish I had a better income, as I think I could of spent a lot more.
 
Yah, prices across the board were pretty high. Last sale there I came away with a couple antique pistols, but this time they went way high. Lots of prohibs went quite high as well.
 
The miss matched Colt 1849 went for a good price. The other Colts went higher. Some good prices on the Remington's. The Austin T Freeman was what I had my eye on, but unfortunately it won't be shipped to me...

I did pick up a couple others though...:cool:
 
Icollector has really changed the gsme, no longer are these gun auctions beholden to the local crowd. Prices are always high, but if you really do want it, you have to pay for it.

It works well to set your price as your max bid, then forget about it. Doesn't result in many purchases though.
 
Oldiron what did you sell? Send me a p.m. if you don't want to post on this thread. Picked up a couple things at this auction. Maybe they were yours? Any story is a good story when it comes to antiques...
 
Oldiron what did you sell? Send me a p.m. if you don't want to post on this thread. Picked up a couple things at this auction. Maybe they were yours? Any story is a good story when it comes to antiques...

If you bought antiques, they were likely mine. Lot 21 through 263, with a few other sellers mixed in too. All mine were antiques. What did you get?
 
Would you recommend the overall experience?

I always wonder that if I were to sell whether I would be better off at auction vs places like CGN vs consignment.

The overall was great. I had too many to sell one at a time myself, and with the tec stuff, and well advertised, things went OK. Win some, lose some, but good on the average. And done in a day.
 
Oldiron I picked up your Starr D.A. & the Colt Musket. Wanted that Freeman but didn't happen. Any story for the Starr or the Colt? What's with the 43 stamped on the grip of the Starr?
 
Back
Top Bottom