Antique Revolver Question !

Fred24

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
CANADA
Hi folks ! I'm new to this category of firearms and frankly love it so fare. I would want to know which Non-Firearm antique revolver is the most common and cheap to buy in Canada ? I would reload brass for it.

I've heard of the 1883 Reichrevolver but I don't know it's classification, I'd like to find one that would be legal to be shot on a private property.

Please educate me on that matter.


Thanks a lot.
 
1883 reichsrevolver made before 1898 is an antique and can be shot anywhere that is safe and legal to discharge firearms. I have one, but haven't got around to loading for it yet. Very robust guns!

The webley mk1 and mk2 are antique and can be had in .455 webley and .45acp. That's on my wish list. Quite common but pricey!
 
IMHO the Webley Mark I an II are the best bet.
.45 Colt brass has the same external diameter, and can be converted into .455, although you also have to thin the rims.
These guns remain very practical despite their Victorian design.

Fiocchi makes factory ammo too from time to time as well. Decent brass for reloading
 
The best antique handgun for actual use is a French 1873 - no question. It is a quality firearm - able to shoot many rounds of mansized bullets dependably. Ream an 1873 to .45acp or 455 and it will serve well for a reasonable price.

A decent Webley is great if you can find one for a price that you don't mind carrying on your hip - but it seems like they have been shot much more than the French are - and the prices are higher.

My opinions are worth what you paid.
 
I'd like to get a French 1892 Revolver. What do you think about those ? Accuracy wise and what type of bore condition should I expect out of these ? I'm really new to this and I don't know if I should be expecting a bright shiny bore with no frosting what so ever or a frosted or even pitted bore will do the job with these ? You know what I mean ?
 
Bores on all 1892s ive seen is usually good. Even pitted accuracy is great samle hole at 30 feet with both of mine. Reloading for them is difficult and more expensive then an antique that can shoot factory ammo/one that takes available components, such as nitro proofed webley mk 1 or 2 in .45 acp. if you can reload for it the french 1892 8mm is one of the best antiques for the price.
 
Hi ! I sent you a private message.



Bores on all 1892s ive seen is usually good. Even pitted accuracy is great samle hole at 30 feet with both of mine. Reloading for them is difficult and more expensive then an antique that can shoot factory ammo/one that takes available components, such as nitro proofed webley mk 1 or 2 in .45 acp. if you can reload for it the french 1892 8mm is one of the best antiques for the price.
 
Back
Top Bottom