Anyone reloading for 310 cadet?

jasonf

Regular
Rating - 100%
184   0   1
Looking for load data for 310 cadet. I have a CBE 120 gr heeled bullet mold,lee dies and 32/20 brass. Only published data I have found is with blackpowder from Cartridges of the world. Would like to find a smokeless powder load if anyone wants to share there recipe. Thanks
 
When I found out how well my Swiss model 1882 handloads shot out of my BSA 310 Australian Cadet, I never bothered with heeled bullets. .314" S&W Long 100 grain lead wadcutters made by H&N out of Germany are excellent, as are jethunters' .314" 110 grain semi-wadcutters with gas check. I use jethunters' bullets mainly for hotter 1200-1800 fps (IMR4227) loads in the BSA only.
 
Thanks, I should have some 4227. Anyone try Unique yet? I have seen loads online for it but not sure if they are trustworthy.
 
running 4227 in mine with .311 hornady XTP I think 100grn, might be 90grn. I'll have to check

my 310 mini Martini is really tight on the 32-20 rims, too tight. I needed to turn the rims down 5 thou.
 
Mine chambers 32-20 perfectly. I wonder if mine was modified by the importer back in the day... I think they used a reamer to lightly relieve the rims? There are faint vice marks on the barrel base and receiver.
 
running 4227 in mine with .311 hornady XTP I think 100grn, might be 90grn. I'll have to check

my 310 mini Martini is really tight on the 32-20 rims, too tight. I needed to turn the rims down 5 thou.

How many grains? Some internet posts indicate people are using up to 16 grain charges. That takes you well into the 2100 fps territory?
 
Tried some black powder loads with mine worked very well at 100 meters. Fireformned 32/20 brass, 120 gr. .321" cast flat base bullet lubed with SPG. 15.5 gr of FFF. Have also used HP38 with good results.
 
Here is the case forming data including a Unique load given at the bottom of the chart. Your bullets are slightly heavier than the one listed in the data so I suggest backing off to 4 g. Unique as a starting load. Taken from George C. Nonte Jr.'s "The Home Guide to Cartridge Conversions" (1967).

rPnRcOZ.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom