No antique letter. How to tell original caliber

Nope. They still send out letters. Had a fellow enthusiast get one in last week for a 41lc that had been converted to 44 special.

I think the most recent RCMP policy is whatever caliber the gun was most recently registered in, prior to being converted to an antique caliber, if applicable. To quote one of the identification technicians about 1 year ago; (you cannot make an antique out of a 150 year old prohib" If I understood him correctly, if I had 3 identical pre 1898 Colt SAA frames, one in 41 long Colt, one in 32-20, and one in 45 long Colt, the 41 cal could be changed to any non no go caliber and remain antique, the 32-20 would either remain prohibited or perhaps become restricted if changed to any non prohib caliber, and the 45 cal would remain restricted and could not be converted to 32 caliber

cheers mooncoon


cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom