Virgin Thompson Center Hawken .54 cal

Huntsman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
287   0   0
I walked into LGS in Regina looking for Williams FP sights for Marlin 444 and walked out with a brand new TC Hawken in 54 cal. Pre-QLA too.
Standard 1:48 twist.
As soon as I saw the price tag :sok2 I said “ya I’ll take it”.
I don’t even know if I want to shoot it its so new and pretty.
Ya maybe a minor scuff but thats it. Came with user manual too.
Still no Williams FP sight. Guess I’ll mount a scope instead.
 
Last edited:
Here she is;

2is8cvs.jpg


2viqzaw.jpg


29ftlc6.jpg


Clean bore/muzzle and untouched ramrod
e19apu.jpg

Clean nipple and hammer striker
2la7fj8.jpg


25s9b43.jpg


Nice grain!
j6q3cl.jpg

onuat.jpg

onuat.jpg
om/onuat.jpg[/IMG]

And lastly the signed TC staff inspection tag;
5x625x.jpg
 
Last edited:
nice find great caliber there is lots of stuff around to shoot try some 3fg goex as well as 2fg you might be surprised

I went out today to shootnsome rb and maxi ball. I was using all of my brothers powder patches and lead.
Patches were too thin and I was chasing my shots. I then tried one of my Maxi Balls and first shot nailed the bullseye. Then the second then the third.
When I get home and get to the range I’ll use my own patches (.015) and hand cast rb and get better results. Likewise for the maxi ball with fiber wad.
I’ll probably take the TC Peep sight I use with the .58 cal Green Mountain barrel I bought off you “cdnrokon” back in 2015.
And I’ll get to casting some more Maxi-Balls.
Thanks All for your pleasant comments.

Huntsman
 
Beautiful rifle! A good friend of mine has one, I don't think he ever shot it though. I shoot in-line, wish I had the time to learn the more traditional stuff, very Jeremiah Johnson like!
 
Beautiful rifle! A good friend of mine has one, I don't think he ever shot it though. I shoot in-line, wish I had the time to learn the more traditional stuff, very Jeremiah Johnson like!

I started out with inline about 13 yrs ago. Now I am a fully fledged Trad Blackpowder’aholic!!

Angila2- there’s a couple .50 cal TC Hawkens in the EE. As well you might luck out like I did and see one at the Gunshow in Spruce Grove.
 
Hornady sells .54 caliber round balls.

In my .54 Pedersoli I used 0.01" cotton patches, now I just use cleaning patches, with 50 gr. of FFg for Trail Walks.
 
Hornady sells .54 caliber round balls.

In my .54 Pedersoli I used 0.01" cotton patches, now I just use cleaning patches, with 50 gr. of FFg for Trail Walks.

Hi sail. No need to buy .54 Rnd ball for my 54’s. I have plenty of pure lead and two moulds.
You have the Rocky Mountain Hawken too don’t ya :D
It was on the EE last year. I am still looking for one ☝🏼
 
Back
Top Bottom