Chassepot bolt missing

Hang f1re

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a gunsmith or machinist in BC (preferably Vancouver Island), that would be able to make a replacement bolt for a Chassepot rifle? I bought it a few years ago at an auction for a good price (probably mostly because of the missing bolt and that someone screwed through the stock i am assuming to mount it to a wall). I would like a functional one and from what i have seen they look fairly simple, but even if I wont be able to fire it I think it will look better with something where the bolt goes
 
The chassepot is a needle fire rifle,a bolt for which would be hard to make.what with the long needle and rubber gas seal.
I doubt you could find someone to make one.
 
The chassepot is a needle fire rifle,a bolt for which would be hard to make.what with the long needle and rubber gas seal.
I doubt you could find someone to make one.

the needle and the rubber seal are relatively easy to find it is the actual bolt that no one seems to have. If some one figured out how to make it 132 some odd years ago i am sure someone can make it today. ll if I had access to a lathe I could do it my self (not sure if I would trust it firing though), what I was asking is if someone knew someone who might be able to reproduce the part
 
Just a thought if you do intend to shoot it HC Collections in France (which is the company that makes the reloadable rimfire and pinfire shells) also offers a bolt to convert it to fire centerfire brass cartridges
 
Just a thought if you do intend to shoot it HC Collections in France (which is the company that makes the reloadable rimfire and pinfire shells) also offers a bolt to convert it to fire centerfire brass cartridges

I have looked at there site and I would like to get some of there stuff but from what I saw the conversion is for an already existing bolt.
Thanks everyone for some leads I hope something will come from them.
 
on naturabuy , it's in French but ton of sellers

Antique staff and sellers international , you need to translate in French
 
Back
Top Bottom