advice from ammo collectors

bross

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Location
Vancouver area
Hello. I've discovered a package of 1899 303 ball, hollow point among some ammo my Dad gave me.
I know almost nothing about the collection side of ammunition. Is this desirable, and if so, what would be a fair asking price?
 

Attachments

  • 1899HP303pack.jpg
    1899HP303pack.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 1899HP303nose.jpg
    1899HP303nose.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 343
Yes, it's desirable. That's Mk IV produced by Dominion Cartridge in Canada. The packet is missing the string tie and has been opened, but presuming all the rounds are there I would think $50 - $75.
 
Thank you all for your replies. I was not planning to shoot them, but really don't need them. I'll put them on the EE and find them a better home.
 
Yes, it's desirable. That's Mk IV produced by Dominion Cartridge in Canada. The packet is missing the string tie and has been opened, but presuming all the rounds are there I would think $50 - $75.

Not Dominion Cartridge which was a private company producing sporting ammo.
It was made by Dominion Ctg Factory later Dominion Arsenals a crown corp making ammo only for the govt.
 
Not Dominion Cartridge which was a private company producing sporting ammo.
It was made by Dominion Ctg Factory later Dominion Arsenals a crown corp making ammo only for the govt.

Yeah. I know. That's why I didn't write Dominion Cartridge COMPANY, which was the name of the civilian firm.
 
Back
Top Bottom