Egyptian Charlevilles

Dylwill117

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on Charleville muskets that have an Egyptian stamping in place of the manufacturer markings. Were the original markings scrubbed? Or were these copies made in Egypt perhaps?


Thanks,

Dylan
 
So you can see the marking in a picture from this album I made a bit back: https://imgur.com/a/IoQS03W . I’ve seen another one post elsewhere on line saying that the stamping is Egyptian, and other than that I can find next to nothing on Charlevilles with odd markings.

Dylan
 
I posted it and we’ll see what the guys in France have to say. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a captured weapon from Napoleons campaign against Egypt.
 
Anything yet? I myself haven’t been able to find ANY additional literature on Egyptian Charlevilles, and it’s frankly becoming frustrating
 
Back
Top Bottom