Stumbled into a Tranter... What have I gotten myself into??

BlackPowderBurner

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
125   0   3
Location
the chesterfield
So I found myself a cute little Tranter, from my research it seems to be a No2 Rimfire model 3rd pattern. It's a 7 shot chambered in .32RF. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to convert this into centerfire and find out what these things are worth up here? These seem to be fairly rare from what I can find and there isn't much info on manufacturing dates.

Top of the barrel is marked "E.M Reilly & CO Oxford St. London

Look forward to your input, enjoy the pics :dancingbanana:


fouVgTo.jpg
gbWtnzL.jpg
CcCuigF.jpg
KSeYWC0.jpg
 
That's a beauty! Keep it original ...or sell it to me.
Does it have a 4 , 5 or 6 digit serial number?
I could give you an approx manufacturing date
 
Last edited:
32cf would be nice and then easier to shoot and load for, but then it would have to be all reregistered to prohib due to the calibre ... looks really nice! real beauty, would be good to keep it like that, hopefully you can find some ammo for it, I have seen it on cgn
 
Welcome to the world of Tranters!

I have an excellent 5 shot Tranter 'Army' model in .450. Gorgeous revolver! Webleys pale by comparison. Mine looks like it would be comfortable in the pocket of Holmes greatcoat.
 
32cf would be nice and then easier to shoot and load for, but then it would have to be all reregistered to prohib due to the calibre ... looks really nice! real beauty, would be good to keep it like that, hopefully you can find some ammo for it, I have seen it on cgn

Except that you could not register it because that would amount to creating a new prohib, which you cannot do

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom