Any place to score some 24 gauge Magtech brass?

crazeek

New member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
Hello again,

I want to get into reloading for the Snider, but I cant seem to find anyone selling 24 gauge brass to start with.
I read around a bit, and it seems it only comes onto the market every once in a while, and then it is quickly
snapped up. Does anyone know of someplace that does have them in stock? Alternatively, is anyone willing
to sell some to me?

Cheers,
- Samuel
 
Crazeek: If you're serious about it I would suggest getting on to British Militaria Forum where there's a lot of knowledge about Snider loading. One member there (Martyn, X-Ring Services) sells both formed brass and the .60 solid bullet moulds most guys are using to get good accuracy. He is in Washington state but ships to Canada. Be aware that if you buy ready formed Snider brass from him you will need to find a way to load something like .575 minies in it to fireform your brass after which you can insert .60's by hand (assuming you don't have Snider dies).

milsurpo
 
I've already been talking with him since I ordered a mould for the snider bullet a few days back. Regrettably, he is also out of stock. I will ask around the British Militaria Forums though.
 
Try Rayner Shine Gunworks in Sask.
Specify lr primer or shotgun primer.
Cheers

unless things have changed since ive bought some, that 24ga magtec brass only comes with one primer option and it is large pistol

the pockets are not deep enough to accept large rifle. primmer will be proud and bolt wont close on a snider anyways
 
Back
Top Bottom