Interesting little Flintlock. A repro Paget Carbine.

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
Hey guys. Just wanted to show this little Paget Carbine. Neat little gun, sparks well, pretty fast lock time too. 16 inch barrel in .60 . Supposed to be .65 historically. It came with a lanyard ring but it rattles too much so just the Bar it is.

Anyone else have pics of their interesting compact flintlocks, wheel locks etc? Blunderbuss and such included.

Does anyone here have an Original upgraded cap lock paget? That's something that really intrigues me historically, thx.

UKsP1zi.jpg

dj66BFB.jpg

cj3jIfY.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was thinking of taking a used PH musketoon and cutting the barrel back a couple of inches and then installing a new front sight and a swivel ramrod on it.It would look something like this 1856 carbine

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was thinking of taking a used PH musketoon and cutting the barrel back a couple of inches and then installing a new front sight and a swivel ramrod on it.It would look something like this 1856 carbine

image.jpg

many years ago I bult a carbine just like that...… on a cut down butchered snider . was a lot of fun sold it to someone here cant remember who
 
I have yet to fire this one. 1" bore. should be lotsa fun. had it in pieces forever, had help from a member here to put it together. im not much on wood work. thanks tula

4gwD0AC.jpg
 
im prity excited to touch it off actually. gona fill er up with nails n rocks n such and let er go off the porch newyears eav

I would fire whatever out of my front stuffers in a pinch but my recreational level ocd won't allow me anything but various forms of lead ;). Going to try some cut bar shot soon though.

Have fun.
 
Last edited:
Ive been wanting a large bore very short muzzle loader for a while now. That looks pretty cool, although id prefer a .75 or larger being that short

Beater, that rifle is exactly what i want. Nice. Id be excited to touch that off too.
 
Ive been wanting a large bore very short muzzle loader for a while now. That looks pretty cool, although id prefer a .75 or larger being that short

Beater, that rifle is exactly what i want. Nice. Id be excited to touch that off too.

its an ed rayl barrel. had it a long time prity sure not available anymore but not sure. its been so long but I THINK I got all the parts as a "kit" persay from the sly fox
 
I would fire whatever out of my front stuffers in a pinch but my recreational level ocd won't allow me anything but various forms of lead ;). Going to try some cut bar shot soon though.

Have fun.

well I wouldn't really consider shooting rocks n glass out of it, but sounded neat to say haha yes im going to set up and pour a bunch of swan shot. plus I have a .995 round ball mould
 
well I wouldn't really consider shooting rocks n glass out of it, but sounded neat to say haha yes im going to set up and pour a bunch of swan shot. plus I have a .995 round ball mould

I just came from a 2nd Line course in Nisku. The instructor was a cool guy...spent lotsa time Stateside and abroad ( he had 6 AR's...likely a member here , lol). Scott said he got to hang with Civil War en-actors in the South...an Artillery regiment.
I quote here..." Ever seen what 10' of logging chain fired out of a cannon does to the targets? Awesome!"
Need to dial that down for a Blunderbuss and film it guys.
 
I just came from a 2nd Line course in Nisku. The instructor was a cool guy...spent lotsa time Stateside and abroad ( he had 6 AR's...likely a member here , lol). Scott said he got to hang with Civil War en-actors in the South...an Artillery regiment.
I quote here..." Ever seen what 10' of logging chain fired out of a cannon does to the targets? Awesome!"
Need to dial that down for a Blunderbuss and film it guys.

you know that is on the list to try
 
Back
Top Bottom