Since I have been off and working from home, I have had some time to look and spend time in the gun room. Since I started collecting guns the term bore guns and rifles has interested me. I know bore and gauge are mostly the same but to me to say I have a 20 bore rifle sounds cooler then a 20 gauge rifle
So in my room I started to look at what I have gotten over the years and thought I start a post on Bore guns and rifles
I will start with a pair of French Gastinne Renette of Paris 20 bore rifles. These guns are not consecutive serial numbers being separated by 9 numbers 51 and 60
I can find little information on Renette except he was consider a high end gun maker and closed in the 1990’s. At the end of there business they didn’t make guns but sold quality guns
Myself I believe these guns were made for the same family or the same person
Both are 20 bore (.625) and the chambers are 1 5/8 long. I have fired one with 60 grains of 2F powder and a round ball so these would work for deer or even boar
Both guns are in good condition and nice engraving
Non rebounding locks and bar in wood design with push lever in front of trigger guard
Single bite locks with 21 ¾ inch Damascus barrels with 2 flip up sights
If anyone has any information on Gastinne Renette they would like to share I would be interest




Next will be a 16 bore
So in my room I started to look at what I have gotten over the years and thought I start a post on Bore guns and rifles
I will start with a pair of French Gastinne Renette of Paris 20 bore rifles. These guns are not consecutive serial numbers being separated by 9 numbers 51 and 60
I can find little information on Renette except he was consider a high end gun maker and closed in the 1990’s. At the end of there business they didn’t make guns but sold quality guns
Myself I believe these guns were made for the same family or the same person
Both are 20 bore (.625) and the chambers are 1 5/8 long. I have fired one with 60 grains of 2F powder and a round ball so these would work for deer or even boar
Both guns are in good condition and nice engraving
Non rebounding locks and bar in wood design with push lever in front of trigger guard
Single bite locks with 21 ¾ inch Damascus barrels with 2 flip up sights
If anyone has any information on Gastinne Renette they would like to share I would be interest




Next will be a 16 bore






























































