Can a Webley Mark I .45acp still use .455

Rating - 100%
4   0   3
I was wondering whether my Webley Mark 1 Navy .45acp can utilize the original .455 ammo? Does it now need to be on moon clips swell since the cylinder has been shaved to fit .45acp moon clips?

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
 
Yes you’ll need to make some spacial clips. Some people report that their firing pin can still reach the primers with only the rounds in the chambers, depending on how much was shaved, but that’s not reliable ignition.
 
Last edited:
Yes you’ll need to make some spacial clips. Some people report that their firing pin can still reach the primers, depending on how much was shaved, but that’s not reliable ignition.

Not sure where you heard that story but if you use the adapter ring that was mentioned above, the firing pin has no problem doing what it’s designed to do.
 
I saw a fellow using small rubber bands between the rims and cylinder.

I thought it was a pain but those small rubber bands go on easily and don't seem to cause any drag when the cylinder is rotating.

That hammer and spring exerts a lot of force on that firing pin tip.
 
Back
Top Bottom