Kentucky Long Rifle ID

Mowens

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
St. John's
Hey everyone,

Recently I picked up a percussion cap Kentucky rifle on a trade and was wondering if anybody can give more info on it. It actually says "Kentuckian" on the barrel which I'm pretty sure makes it an Italian repro. I'm just looking for dates and approximate value. I don't plan on selling as I'm getting into muzzleloading. There's a link below with a few pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/Ox3FO6x
 
The is the Investarms maker mark, one of the better Italian manufacturers though not quite a Pedersoli. If my memory is any good, the [AD] is the date code which corresponds 1978. If the bore is good, you have a decent rifle there. The current cheapo Kentucky rifles no longer have one piece stocks which yours does.
 
Oh awesome thanks for the quick reply!

The bore is pretty much perfect on it. The guy I got it off got it in a trade and never shot it. Any ideas on what it's worth?
 
Oh awesome thanks for the quick reply!

The bore is pretty much perfect on it. The guy I got it off got it in a trade and never shot it. Any ideas on what it's worth?

Looks like you've got a good shooter then. Remember to check your twist before getting a bullet mold. I'd hazard a guess and say you're looking at round ball only with that one. If I were selling it I'd be looking for $400 max.
 
Looks like you've got a good shooter then. Remember to check your twist before getting a bullet mold. I'd hazard a guess and say you're looking at round ball only with that one. If I were selling it I'd be looking for $400 max.

Awesome thanks a bunch. It actually came with a .490 bullet mold. I've got everything for patch and ball. Just waiting on the powder measure to show up.
 
Back
Top Bottom