long range smokeless sabotless anyone?

Spcamno

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.7%
397   1   1
Location
GTA,Ontario
Was thinking building a long range smokeless rig anybody has one and wouldn't mind share some pics and info on your build?

Should I rebarrel my Savage 10ML ll or build from a 700 or Savage action?

Hope to build a 300 yards reliable rig without breaking the wallet any input will be very much appreciated!
 
I would recommend building off of a savage large shank CF bolt action, all of the components are available from ASG and can easily be put together by a do it yourselfer. I also recommend a .45 cal. which will handle pretty much any situation.
A 300 yrd. gun is definitely easily doable.
 
I would recommend building off of a savage large shank CF bolt action, all of the components are available from ASG and can easily be put together by a do it yourselfer. I also recommend a .45 cal. which will handle pretty much any situation.
A 300 yrd. gun is definitely easily doable.


Thank you for your post.

Please excuse my newbie question: what ignition system will you recommend?

I am still debating whether build on a 700 or Savage action and it appears Savage is easy to work on but remember why is some people using the Savage action without the barrel nut?

What will be the benefit?
 
I mention the Savage CF action with the barrel nut for ease and convenience for the DYI er. As for ignition I'm for the 209 magnum primer, albeit there is a lot of hype for the LRMP modules but I feel there is more involved in priming and depriming the modules. A properly headspaced 209 system will be just as effective. As I mentioned Arrowhead Sporting Goods in the States sells all of the components ( less the donor action) . They sell both bolt heads for their modules and 209's .
 
I mention the Savage CF action with the barrel nut for ease and convenience for the DYI er. As for ignition I'm for the 209 magnum primer, albeit there is a lot of hype for the LRMP modules but I feel there is more involved in priming and depriming the modules. A properly headspaced 209 system will be just as effective. As I mentioned Arrowhead Sporting Goods in the States sells all of the components ( less the donor action) . They sell both bolt heads for their modules and 209's .

Thanks for your prompt reply as usual.

PM inbound
 
Back
Top Bottom