Some info for a friend who have that old pistol.

Jackpar

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hello guys

I have a friend who's grand father gave this old ladie to him and is has absolutely no idea of the value and he would like to know if it would be a piece that would be left has it is or fix the few bugs she has by a gunsmith.

I have no experience in this kind of pistol that's why I turn to you guys let me know what you think.

Look at this two pictures the markings on the barrel is ALIEN & THURBEL WORCERSTER.

Very curious to read what you have to say about it.

Sorry about the big pics he send me those on messenger.

Regards
Jacques

WB8PBKk.jpg

uuUVoQB.jpg
 
It's an Allen and Thurber Pepperbox . A good example will go for north of 3000 , this one looks to have some condition issues , so less than this . I'll let others give you a more exact price .
 
It appears to be the Dragoon size Allen & Thurber Pepperbox. Appears to be missing the trigger guard tho. Here's one asking US$3,750, but in much better shape than yours by the looks of it.

htt ps://www.collectorsfirearms.com/allen-thurber-dragoon-size-pepperbox-ah5222/
 
Allen & Thurber bar hammer. Have not seen one bring anywhere near the 3000- level in our area. Condition is everything of course but looking at the pics I would say no more than 8-900- out here. Just my 2 cents worth.
 
Allen & Thurber bar hammer. Have not seen one bring anywhere near the 3000- level in our area. Condition is everything of course but looking at the pics I would say no more than 8-900- out here. Just my 2 cents worth.

You sure? The site I linked also had a bar hammer for sale, and the barrel is shorter than on the dragoon. His looks to me like a dragoon.
 
It's an Allen and Thurber Pepperbox . A good example will go for north of 3000 , this one looks to have some condition issues , so less than this . I'll let others give you a more exact price .

Thank you for your time it would help my friend a lot.
 
Thank you guys I really appreciate the answers and your time you give me I knew I was in good hands.

Regards
Jacques
 
Back
Top Bottom