It was, as in when HVA merged its production to Carl Gustaf, this was then sold to Zolli (who then continued to make the 1900 until circa 2020). They bought the rights, the designs and the machinery. I'm certain they would have used it for a long time afterwards. But 50 years later? I doubt it, certainly not all of the machines. Even oldskool machine tools wear out beyond the economics of repair.Does anyone know if the tooling/machinery used to make the Husqvarna rifles is still in use?
The sellers description was "overall good+" condition.Maybe you should read the sellers description and do some due diligence? Alternatively you could crawl back under the bridge you came out from.
It's long gone, pretty sure.Does anyone know if the tooling/machinery used to make the Husqvarna rifles is still in use?
What was sold to several sources, including EBO in Greece, was the 1900 machinery. The 1640 machinery was most likely the old CG 94/96 revamped, so it would now be really worn out.It was, as in when HVA merged its production to Carl Gustaf, this was then sold to Zolli (who then continued to make the 1900 until circa 2020). They bought the rights, the designs and the machinery. I'm certain they would have used it for a long time afterwards. But 50 years later? I doubt it, certainly not all of the machines. Even oldskool machine tools wear out beyond the economics of repair.
EDIT: I'm sure some of that machinery still exists, but I'm certain it no longer makes production rifles, and certainly not HVAs and derivatives). This is my guess only, but I think I'm on the money with it.
AFAIK, for the receiver, they start with high alloyed bar stock.I'd imagine everything today by Zoli is CNC machined for main components.
Small stuff likely MIM/CAST, that's pretty on par with any modern day gun maker.
It's not my experience. Maybe should you have contacted the seller instead of making rant posts. Maybe your expectations were too high?The sellers description was "overall good+" condition.
Does that sound familiar to you in your mom's basement ?
Good+ usually means it's worth buying. I have a few that were graded as such and I used the pics to judge if I wanted to buy it or not. Bummer you go a lemon.The sellers description was "overall good+" condition.
Does that sound familiar to you in your mom's basement ?
Maybe you can advise people that "good+ condition" is how you grade it and it can be a real POS!It's not my experience. Maybe should you have contacted the seller instead of making grant posts. Maybe your expectations were too high?
What did you buy that was so bad?
I think you're mixing up stuff, I have nothing to do with Intersurplus, bro.... Ask them, not me.Maybe you can advise people that "good+ condition" is how you grade it and it can be a real POS!
You're tha' man !
How about "shootable wall hanger plus very good" ? That would be a bestseller....
Well, I don't care who you bought it from, I have nothing to do with it and I have no f-ing clue why you think I am involved with them / he / she whatever. Spit your frustrations on whoever you dealt with but I have nothing to do with it...I don't think I mentioned them, but good !
Original Tradewinds import. Definitely not a 1600 Std (no cheek piece), but a 4100.Here is my 4100 in 308 with 20 inch barrel. I believe it's a 1956.
It's 6.5 lbs, has the older steel bottom plate with the release outside the trigger guard, cheek piece and the reinforced stock like they all need. View attachment 1205892View attachment 1205893View attachment 1205894View attachment 1205895View attachment 1205896View attachment 1205897
Difficult to say from this picture, but that may the approximate location of the rear sight in these rifles. Does it have one? If not, thenit may be an artefact, a blister, from the dovetail being welded in.What is this on my 1952?
View attachment 1208433
Thank you. Not what I thought. It does look like a blister in the blueing, which is what threw me.Still has a rear site, here’s a slightly less cropped photo.View attachment 1208471



























