I agree with all those and add the Remington 40xThere are quite a number of vintage .22s that can hold their own. Remington 37s, Winchester 52s and 75s, the BSA Martinis, BRNOs.
The Match 54 won most Olympic medals for decades and doesn’t take a backseat to anyone, even now.What older 22 lr target guns are still competitors. I’m thinking anschutz model 54 can still shoot with the best of them. What are your thoughts.
Agreed. I have an Anschutz 1411 match 54 made in 1974. The ammo it seemed to always prefer was RWS match, recently I tried Lapua center X and long range and it was easily grouping 1/4” or a little better at 50 yards. As good as it was with the older RWS ammo it does a little better over all with Lapua. Not sure how it would compare to a modern Anschutz or custom rimfire but it still does ok.If it was accurate 50 yrs ago it’s probably better now. New ammo is better.



























