I think cleaning the bore and chamber of your rifles once in a while ain’t a bad thing, if you switch from copper/mono bullets to conventional bullets(lead/copper) or from hard cast to conventional bullets or vice versa, you might see a decrease in accuracy if you don’t.
In my case, I clean my rifles when the season is over, like 2 of my 30-06’s won’t be use again this year, I use wipe-out let it sit and then patche the bore and chamber clean, do a pass with a patch of balistol followed by a dry patch and they go in there sock and a the back of the safe!
I keep the one that I might use this winter “unclean” so they are ready to go!
Some say you don’t clean until you see a decrease in accuracy… do you still push an oily patch down the bore? Cause that definitely clean a bit….
Up here it’s really dry, never had a rifle rust in my safe so I’m not too fussy about it!
In my case, I clean my rifles when the season is over, like 2 of my 30-06’s won’t be use again this year, I use wipe-out let it sit and then patche the bore and chamber clean, do a pass with a patch of balistol followed by a dry patch and they go in there sock and a the back of the safe!
I keep the one that I might use this winter “unclean” so they are ready to go!
Some say you don’t clean until you see a decrease in accuracy… do you still push an oily patch down the bore? Cause that definitely clean a bit….
Up here it’s really dry, never had a rifle rust in my safe so I’m not too fussy about it!


















































