45 ACP Fiocchi ammo in Calgary?

Cause I need it for a sound test and have been told it has a very good sound signature. As well a counterpart got a strange result using the Fiocchi and I need to try to replicate that result to see if it is an ammo issue or he just buggered the thing up. I used Win White Box in the original test and it worked really well.
 
Pretty sure (99% sure) that ProLine has some. There is 2 kinds of it floating around, 230 grain blue box and 230 grain purple box.

Not sure what the difference is.

Also, I can tell you from previous experience with it that it ain't the quiet.
 
I got two boxes at Proline.

Friends don't let friends shoot Fiocchi...

I could care less what it is. I just need to compare it to the ammo we used in the original test to see if it is quieter or louder or the same. Generally I'd reload my own stuff but that doesn't lend itself to repeatable test results in another city.


I see........

said the blind man to the fool.

May I direct you to my website .... Expatriot SS

Feel free to revise your previous comment. ;)
 
Last edited:
I got two boxes at Proline.



I could care less what it is. I just need to compare it to the ammo we used in the original test to see if it is quieter or louder or the same. Generally I'd reload my own stuff but that doesn't lend itself to repeatable test results in another city.




May I direct you to my website .... Expatriot SS

I'll take 10.
 
What if I pay with cash?
Cash is just fine but I'll still need the Public Agency Number and End User for the transfer records. And I'm not making anything till I have a signed PO. ;)

FWIW I found some Fiocchi 45 ammo in town and it ended up being slightly quieter than the ammo used in the original test. So that is all good. If anyone cares, Remington ammo is the loudest.
 
I've shot quite a bit of the Fiocchi 45 230jhp, it's really very nice ammunition, totally different than their 9mm 115 load. It would be nice to shoot it without hearing protection though :D. Just a quick question, on your web site there's a picture of an older Smith autoloader, what model is that. (I heard or read once that the US government used silenced Model 52's in Viet Nam, and came across some pretty bizzarre ammunition that I was told was made for those pistols).
 
on your web site there's a picture of an older Smith autoloader, what model is that. (I heard or read once that the US government used silenced Model 52's in Viet Nam, and came across some pretty bizzarre ammunition that I was told was made for those pistols).

It is a Mod 39 which has an aluminum frame. The Mod 59 is the same gun with a steel frame. The SEAL's used Mod 59 pistols with KAC Hush Puppy silencers in Vietnam. Back in the 60's there was no such thing as commercial 147gr subsonic 9mm so they had to experiment with heavy bullet weights to get reliable subsonic operation and to get the pistol to cycle.

I have shot a modern KAC Hush Puppy on a modified Beretta 92 with a slide lock. That was an amazing experience. the silencer is so go that when using the slide lock, it actually holds pressure inside the barrel. After the shot you can actually hear pressurized gas leaking out of the gun and if you quickly cycle the action, there is a "pop" when the action opens. VERY COOL!

The Hush Puppy is a small coaxial suppressor with three elastomeric wipes. It is pretty low tech but it definately works.

This is a pic of a Vietnam era Mod 59 and Hush Puppy can. Note the raised sights to clear the large diameter silencer.

Mk22Mod0001.jpg
 
Last edited:
Remember that town for sale in Saskatchewan? Buy that, become the mayor which makes you the local municipal government and thus eligible for a public agency number. After that it is just a question of some minor paperwork and a bit of money. ;)

Once you start with these things, shooting without them just seems ..... uncivilized. :)

If you really are interested in them, take a trip to the US for a silencer shoot. There are a couple each year. I have been to two and got to shoot all sorts of exotic stuff. Not a single unsilenced shot is allowed. :)

nolansBabe%20(Medium).jpg


AAC3.jpg


The first step is to go peruse the forums and tests at Silencer Research.com

Cans.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom