HornadyLeverevolution ammo is AWESOME!!!

6.5x55swm

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I picked up a box of 200gr Leverevolution for my 35rem, it's a marlin 336 RC with a 20" barrel. The ammo group pretty good 2.25 at 150yds and 3" at 250yds, but what impressed me the most was my bullet test. I took 25" of phonebooks and sears catalogs and duct tape them together, a piece of half inch plywood on the ends, the another 2" phonebook on top of the plywood, for a grand total of 30". I fired 3 shoots at 150yds and all 3 passed through with very good expansion and 75% weight retention. I don't think I will ever use my 270 again
 
I've heard the 30-30 groups the best of all the evolution ammo, but I'd take those groups you shot anyday out of a 35 rem!
I'm sold!
Anyone try it in a 45/70 yet? I'd be interested to hear about those groups too.
 
I have used both the 30-30 and 45/70 calibers. The 45/70 recoil is moderate for the caliber. They help accuracy somewhat but I am not sold on leverevolution yet. When they sell the bullets so that I can load my own then I will be happy.
 
As you can see from the target, my .444P loves them!
This was 3 shots at 100yds using a 1.5-5x VX-III.

12-10-06_1707.jpg
 
Yes, yes they are. My Win 94 loves them in 3030.

If and when I inherit my grandfathers Savage bolt action (dunno the model) in 3030, I'll be mounting a scope on it using these babies. Small slick handling, light weight, light recoil, good to 200 yards. What more could you want for an Ontario deer gun?
 
I had heard the .444 ammo was quite good too, but that's really impressive! How does that compare to your usual choice of factory ammo?

To be quite honest, I have not fired any other factory ammo in it. This stuff is so good, I doubt I will even bother handloading :dancingbanana:
 
My Marlins (336 in 30/30 and 1895 in 45/70) love the stuff. Recoil in the 30/30 is definitely on the snappier side compared to regular factory loads. The FlexTip bullets are available as components. I saw them a couple weeks ago at Higginson's. Unfortunately, there is no load info that Hornady provides, even in their own newest manual. I doubt we'll be able to match factory velocities though, since I've heard they use a duplex powder charge, similar to what they do in their Light Magnum loadings.
 
Back
Top Bottom