Ammo sticker shock at the High Prairie gunshow.

Stevo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Location
NW Alberta
Some prices from Sunday at the High Prairie gunshow.

S&B 115 gr. 9mm $320/1000
WWB 115 gr. 9mm in "value packs" (and I use "value" very loosely) $42/100

WWB 55 gr. .223 $600/1000
WWB 62 gr. .223 $800/1000

All prices plus tax, of course.
 
Last edited:
Some prices from Sunday at the High Prairie gunshow.

S&B 115 gr. 9mm $320/1000
WWB 115 gr. 9mm in "value packs" (and I use "value" very loosely) $42/100

WWB 55 gr. .223 $600/1000
WWB 62 gr. .223 $800/1000

All prices plus tax, of course.

DAMN!

I pay $27.94 + tax for Winchester USA Brand Value Pack of 100 rounds. Then I get a 10% discount.
 
Some prices from Sunday at the High Prairie gunshow.

S&B 115 gr. 9mm $320/1000
WWB 115 gr. 9mm in "value packs" (and I use "value" very loosely) $42/100

WWB 55 gr. .223 $600/1000
WWB 62 gr. .223 $800/1000

All prices plus tax, of course.

It's a joke for sure. The only Canadian Tire that sell handgun ammo in Calgary was wayyyyy out of line a year ago. I was there yesterday and the $17/box 9mm and $35/box 10mm isn't looking so bad right now.

It can still be had cheaper elsewhere here, but I just find it ironic how much prices have gone up over the last year.
 
ammo prices

The price of ammo is only going to go up.
The last shop I was in had RMC value paks of 9mm (250) 99.99.
The stuff is not comming in, the other shop I was in told me he was going to get 80 % of what he ordered at the buyers show & 0 % of the new orders.
The hording in the US of A of ammo and all reloading supplies is driving the demand and price out the roof. Primers are 10.00 more per 1000 from this time last year. Lead is up the dollar down, need any more b%$#s&&^ reasons
to get off the couch and tell the public servants to serve the public.

My nickels worth ( inflation )
 
Oh come on Stevo I got 260 rounds of .30-06 for $50 at the same show.

Oh come on what? Are you disputing the prices I listed? That's a damn good price for '06, but certainly not typical of the new manufacture prices. Did you have a mask on when you stole it?;)
 
ammo

Hey, when it's 2hrs drive between shops.
Or pay the transport cost, from Eastern or Western Canada.
The hassle of shipping or driving is clearly a choice.
We all can't just walk over to the next sports shop, there aint one.
When it's all gone you'll pay double for it and think nothing of it.
 
Oh come on what? Are you disputing the prices I listed? That's a damn good price for '06, but certainly not typical of the new manufacture prices. Did you have a mask on when you stole it?;)

No Stevo I'm not disputing the prices at all. However it's not getting lower any time soon. Also the dealers aren't making much on it.

The '06 I got was all old surplus plus it helps who ya know.
 
No Stevo I'm not disputing the prices at all. However it's not getting lower any time soon. Also the dealers aren't making much on it.

The '06 I got was all old surplus plus it helps who ya know.

Yeah, I know there's not a pile of mark-up, but it still stings at those prices. By this time next year we'll all be shooting airsoft and .22.
 
Back
Top Bottom