pieces of .40 brass in a coffee can

OK, here`s a spin on it...

Are you just throwing them in loose, or carefully stacking them end on end vertically/ in layers and in concentric circles...

I have waaaayyyy too much time on my hands...
 
I just tried it for myself. The answer is 1. No ####! 1-.40 does fit!
Jeez! You would think that you could count that!
 
More variables:

Did the can tip over? If it did, then there would be NONE!
Thus, the whole point of this thread would now be useless.


Do you have any meaningful questions that would be relevant to this forum?
 
Well technically, the tangent to the can tipping over would provide a maximum angle of height versus width of mouth opening for the brass to fall out. Then we have to take into account any rolled edges which may not result in a directly open exit, and may also result in the can not being horizontal to the surface at which it was tipped on. Now keeping in mind these variables, I'd assume a nomimal friction level on somewhat clean brass to be about .02G, which could be even further discounted if we add some lateral or angular momentum.


I think I need a life.
 
So ummmm......whats the dimensions for the can?? I'm sure we can figure out in theory how many would fit....figure volume of one case/figure volume of can, lop off 10 percent and it would be close??:runaway:
 
So ummmm......whats the dimensions for the can?? I'm sure we can figure out in theory how many would fit....figure volume of one case/figure volume of can, lop off 10 percent and it would be close??:runaway:


Forget it! I'm buyin the goddam can and I'm going to bury it with Jimmy Hoffa (yes, I know where he is....I shot him!) and then NOBODY has to worry about this anymore!
Just look what its done to 'firemachine69'!
 
Four pages of "how many pieces of brass fit in my coffee container"?

Lets all grow a life now. We all get back to business, original poster dumps the can out and counts. I mean its a coffee can. COME ON.

Now if I had to dump the 55gallon drum I have full of 5.56mm brass, that would be a question.

If you can count it in five minutes, it doesn't need a fricken four pages of posts to guess!

:jerkit:
 
True.

But the real answer is a lot more .40 fit than .50 BMG brass and a lot less than .25 ACP brass no matter what sized can you use.

...cause they is either smaller or bigger than them two others!!!:eek:

Whoda thunk reloading was this high tech..???:D
 
Back
Top Bottom