762x39 Headstamp 13 88 Question (w/ pics)

Exoce†

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Calgary
Hey guys,

I bought a couple of "battle packs" of 762x39 the other day. 200 rounds to a pack in 25 round boxes. All of it totally unmarked.

It's brass cased, the bullets appear to be cannelured, copper jacketed and the magnet test indicates a lead core. The headstamp is "13" on one side and "88" on the other.

To the pictures. (They're huge 56K beware!)

The "battle pack"
http://nwrepka.googlepages.com/CIMG0649.JPG

25 round box
http://nwrepka.googlepages.com/CIMG0650.JPG

Open box w/ visible headstamps
http://nwrepka.googlepages.com/CIMG0652.JPG

One of the cartridges
http://nwrepka.googlepages.com/CIMG0653.JPG

By all accounts I've seen it should be berdan primed south african surplus. It was sold to me as non-corrosive.

What I'd like to know is; is it really noncorrosive or did I get jacked on this deal?
Is there anything else interesting about this ammo I should know about?

Thanks in advance!
 
Nice score. What did you pay for it?

Thanks, I paid about 32 cents a round.
Which is why I want to know if it's really non-corrosive. 32 cents seems way too cheap. Not that I'm #####ing, it'd be good for my match scores if nothing else.
 
Back
Top Bottom