Winchester 7.62x39 banned from Canada

Where exactly can any of this be verified? Where is the proof of .45 or 7.62x51, etc. not being exportable due to federal regulation?

How is it that so many people have the scoop, but non quote or source any defacto documents or publications? Seems like wild speculation to me.

Why do we spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) amoungst ourselves.

I think that sometimes firearm owners may well be their own worst enemies.
 
Its a well known fact that 17 of the 19 '9-11' hijackers had in their possesion a box (bought at a GTA Walmart)of winchester 762x39, hence the ban ;)
 
Where exactly can any of this be verified? Where is the proof of .45 or 7.62x51, etc. not being exportable due to federal regulation?

How is it that so many people have the scoop, but non quote or source any defacto documents or publications? Seems like wild speculation to me.

Why do we spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) amoungst ourselves.

I think that sometimes firearm owners may well be their own worst enemies.

Are you not reading the thread? This isnt about our federal regulations its about US regulations and it has been verified as only pertaining to rifle ammunition and not handgun by a dealer who deals in ammunition.
 
Are you not reading the thread? This isnt about our federal regulations its about US regulations and it has been verified as only pertaining to rifle ammunition and not handgun by a dealer who deals in ammunition.

I read the thread. There were multiple instances of pistol rounds mentioned (9mm, 45 ACP), not just rifle ammunition. I did say federal, which meant US "federal" regulations. Yes, federal isn't just our own Canadian federal government.

Too much coffe today?
 
This is ancient "news". The only purpose this thread serves is to get the Chicken Littles all riled up. It's no big deal getting components, as Canada still imports from Europe and elsewhere.
 
I read the thread. There were multiple instances of pistol rounds mentioned (9mm, 45 ACP), not just rifle ammunition. I did say federal, which meant US "federal" regulations. Yes, federal isn't just our own Canadian federal government.

Too much coffe today?

AFAIK, no pistol calibres have been affected, just 'military' designation rifle calibres.

I think pistol ammo shortages in Canada more relate to US demand/stockpiling so Canadian distributors are having a hard time getting their orders filled. Lots of US gunshops have started rationing sales to X number of boxes due to supply/demand issues.

Like I said, a dealer made it clear before your post that it doesnt have anything to do with pistol ammunition.
 
Where exactly can any of this be verified? Where is the proof of .45 or 7.62x51, etc. not being exportable due to federal regulation?

How is it that so many people have the scoop, but non quote or source any defacto documents or publications? Seems like wild speculation to me.

Why do we spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) amoungst ourselves.

I think that sometimes firearm owners may well be their own worst enemies.

I was looking for something to answer, but everything that need to be said is in your message. +1 Im with you...
 
Back
Top Bottom