Industrial machines to reload ammo

TGC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
LINDSAY, ONTARIO
A couple of years ago i cam across on the net, a site that had or showed its industrial relaoding machine, basisc a factory type machine for reloading ammo in the thounds of rounds an hour. Have not found that site since. So i was wondering, does anyone have any idea where to get such machines, no doubt they will cost in the thousnads of dollars. Was thinking it might be a good bussness to get in when i retire.
 
Check out the Ponsness/Warren Auto-Drive Electric Systems
http://reloaders.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=cfa3f7b1ab5d982a9a6606b5f68554d7
 
I spoke with ammoload 4 weeks back, to reload .223 or .308 it'll run you 50K just for the machine and it'll output about 3000 rds per hour. Basically to get everything together including permits (not including shop) it'll run close to 100K for all you'd need to commercially reload rifle cartridges.
 
Yep and you need an approved process and running a ammoload is not that easy, and mistakes break things that cost money. Having seen ammo rolling out at around 7000 rnds/hr it is amazing. Not to mention keeping enough supplies around means having an approved magazine etc. And it is all heavy hard work with very intense quality control, probabily should have a pressure gun aswell....Shotgun news is a good place to find used equipment.
 
Permits to manufacture ammo within canada will prevent anyone with this ambition from starting up... buy your equiptment and then go offshore...
 
well I am learning more, keep the info coming, if wolf can do it, so can I, I hope, wants to do a bit more than a cottage industry
 
If anyone wants an older Camdex, I may have a lead on one. Please don't ask for the contact information unless you really have the cash to buy one and the means to pick it up or arrange shipping from the GTA.

I believe it is currently set up for .38 Special.
 
Dont forget natural resources canada has to approve each caliber you make for sale in Canada... that alone can be tricky... No point in makeing a million rounds if you cant sell them to anyone...

If you do some quick math you will see buying up componets will quickly cut into the profits you would make bulk reloading... lets not forget just about the tricky task of getting them.
 
And magazine permits, zoning, manufacturing licenses, inspections, equipment maintenance, insurance, etc.
 
And magazine permits, zoning, manufacturing licenses, inspections, equipment maintenance, insurance, etc.


Packageing unless you plan on selling them buy the handfull :D, Website, Staff, medical exams, security clearance, police background checks, security staff.. probally a few other things too...I forgot.
 
Back
Top Bottom