- Location
- Near Coldwater, Ont
I just recieved some Imperial 12ga ammo from another CGN member, mostly SSG, all highbrass with purple plastic hulls. I'm well aware that it has no collector value, just haven't seen this stuff around in years and curious how old it is. I was given a 12ga single shot for my birthday when I was 14 along with 2 boxes of shells. My mom bought the shells and she was't sure what to get, so the local Home Hardware sold her a box of no-name number 6's and a box of Imperial highbrass #9's that they had kicking around for god knows how long (this was 1984 and yes they saw her coming).
The headstamps on these vary a bit, some are stamped "Imperial/IVI", 3" with an overshot wad and a rollcrimp, some "Imperial/IVI", 2-3/4" with an 8 segment crimp,"Imperial/Canada", 3" with overshot wad and rollcrimp, "Imperial/CIL", 3" with overshot wad and rollcrimp, and "Imperial/CIL" 2-3/4" with an 8 segment heat sealed crimp (this one is No 5 shot, not SSG).
I fully intend on cranking these off at raccoons and coyotes at the earliest opportunity and I have no doubt they will go bang and be effective. Just wondering if anyone can date them.
Jim
The headstamps on these vary a bit, some are stamped "Imperial/IVI", 3" with an overshot wad and a rollcrimp, some "Imperial/IVI", 2-3/4" with an 8 segment crimp,"Imperial/Canada", 3" with overshot wad and rollcrimp, "Imperial/CIL", 3" with overshot wad and rollcrimp, and "Imperial/CIL" 2-3/4" with an 8 segment heat sealed crimp (this one is No 5 shot, not SSG).
I fully intend on cranking these off at raccoons and coyotes at the earliest opportunity and I have no doubt they will go bang and be effective. Just wondering if anyone can date them.
Jim


















































