3.4 Million Rounds of 12 Gague

22rimfiredude

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If any one is interested in selling a whole whack of 12ga to the Government, here is a solicitation listed on Merx

It is a mix of 00, #6, #7 and 1oz slug.
 
This should be a very lucrative deal for the seller/manufacturer/supplier. Last I heard the Canadian gov't was paying over $2/round for 5.56Nato. I wonder what they're willing to pay for shotgun shells built to their specs and why they aren't going to a manufacturer or distributor?

BSD, 3.4 million rounds is a drop in the proverbial bucket.
 
^^^ For shotgun rounds???

IDK what the Canadian government needs that many for. Last time I looked, shot shells were prohibited by the Geneva Conventions (which we've signed onto).

Is this just military, or is it going to other agencies (RCMP, for example)?
 
Last time I looked, shot shells were prohibited by the Geneva Conventions (which we've signed onto).

Perhaps you mean the Hague Convention? Unless you feel shot shells are entitled to fair treatment as prisoners of war?

The Canadian Forces, and our allies, use shotguns for: breaching, room clearing, crowd control, as self-defence arms, to train air defence gunners and even for sport.
 
You also forgot for EOD work. There are quite a few pictures on the net of Canadian infanteers patrolling in Afganistan with shotguns and the navy uses them for boarding parties.
 
This should be a very lucrative deal for the seller/manufacturer/supplier. Last I heard the Canadian gov't was paying over $2/round for 5.56Nato. I wonder what they're willing to pay for shotgun shells built to their specs and why they aren't going to a manufacturer or distributor?

BSD, 3.4 million rounds is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

$1.96... - crazy no???
 
Back
Top Bottom