???The lil' acorn cap adapter things???

TBMH

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Who knows where to get 'em??

Do they work well??

Do they work in revolvers(how do you line 'em up?)?

How do you know how much powder to put in 'em? I want to keep my fingers:redface:.

Anything else I need to know??

Thanks.............
 
I'm assuming you mean the .32 or 38 rf cases? They work pretty well. The can turn in revolvers but as long as your chamber is snug or slightly fouled they are usually ok. They can be bought from HC collections in France or apparently from Dixie in the states. I've got one a friend made for me that has a .22 acron blank centered and it shoots very well from my revolvers but you have to be sure you have enough hammer contact. HC's site has a how to reload section which recommends loading using an empty .22 LR case full of BP. Factory .32 rf loads were usually 10 grains of BP. Hope this helps.
 
I'm assuming you mean the .32 or 38 rf cases? They work pretty well. The can turn in revolvers but as long as your chamber is snug or slightly fouled they are usually ok. They can be bought from HC collections in France or apparently from Dixie in the states. I've got one a friend made for me that has a .22 acron blank centered and it shoots very well from my revolvers but you have to be sure you have enough hammer contact. HC's site has a how to reload section which recommends loading using an empty .22 LR case full of BP. Factory .32 rf loads were usually 10 grains of BP. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I meant the .32 rf.........
Thank you for the site advice. I will check that out. I looked at the dixie site but couldn't find 'em..........

Does your friend sell 'em?
 
O.K. I just checked out the HC site.....Looks good but.....
How do I know the difference between .32 long and .32 short??
 
I've shot both in my revolvers with no ill effects. If unsure or for versatility use a short as it will work in either.....

Just like .38 in a .357, eh?
I want to know the over all length..........If she takes a long I may as well have one.
 
The .32 short has a cartridge length of .560 and loaded length of .930 the .32 long has a cartridge length of .780 and loaded length of 1.165" both have a bullet diameter of .315" and I presume that you realize they are heeled bullets (like a .22 rimfire)

cheers mooncoon
 
The .32 short has a cartridge length of .560 and loaded length of .930 the .32 long has a cartridge length of .780 and loaded length of 1.165" both have a bullet diameter of .315" and I presume that you realize they are heeled bullets (like a .22 rimfire)

cheers mooncoon

Hmm......Seems to me that I am in possession of a pair of .32 rf longs.

Is there any reason to use the long? I cant imagine that the power wold be anything to worry about. I not going to get in any disputes over card games:rolleyes:

Is the "kit" on the HC site a good idea? Or can I just hand seat the bullets some how?
 
The bullets are the hard part. As mooncoon said they are healed, and a larger diameter than a standard .32 bullet. You need to either find a mould (and I can't find one) or buy the bullets from HC. I've hear rumours about being able to shoot OOB? I believe is .32 diameter round ball.... If I remember correctly the .32 rf guns shoot a .311 bullet. You do not however need the reloading "kit" from HC as the rounds can be easily loaded with a few simple tools and a little care.
 
The bullets are the hard part. As mooncoon said they are healed, and a larger diameter than a standard .32 bullet. You need to either find a mould (and I can't find one) or buy the bullets from HC. I've hear rumours about being able to shoot OOB? I believe is .32 diameter round ball.... If I remember correctly the .32 rf guns shoot a .311 bullet. You do not however need the reloading "kit" from HC as the rounds can be easily loaded with a few simple tools and a little care.
So just the cases is all I need from HC ??
What tools? reloading newb:redface:
 
A small pin punch, small hammer and mallet are about all you need. I usually press the acorn caps into the cases and seat the bullets with a small machinists vise with soft jaws..... I have a set of HC cases and none of their tools and I seem to get by just fine....
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom